Research Scientist - Mathematical Modelling
ZOZO New Zealand is a group of computer scientists specialising in algorithm development, mathematical modelling and rapid prototyping.
We are a wholly owned subsidiary of ZOZO Japan who we support to build new and better products for online retailing by leveraging state-of-the-art research concepts to create strong new intellectual property.
- Recent MSC or PhD graduate in Engineering Science, or similar field, who qualifies for a Callaghan career grant.
- This is a 6-month fixed term contract.
Key result areas
- Investigate Machine learning methods to solve computer vision problems.
- Compare Machine learning algorithms performance with alternative approaches.
- Prototype solutions to validate the selected methods functionality and efficiency.
- Test frameworks
- Gain insight into problem requirements and design effective technical solutions.
- Specify solutions for development on target platforms.
- Provide technical recommendations and new ideas.
- Work closely with other team members, clearly communicate issues and seek new ideas for solutions.
- MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- Expertise in AI foundation maths: Mathematical modeling, Bayesian Statistics, model-based approaches to solving problems.
- Experience in data engineering: creating data models, building data pipelines and overseeing ETL (extract, transform, load).
- Expert in data science: applying ML tools e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow to solve Computer vision problems.
- Six years or more experience with Python, Matlab or a similar high level language.
- Experience in developing software prototypes to validate functionality - preferably using Python.
- Strong team worker with excellent communication skills.
- Non-parametric modelling.
- Previous experience in solving problems with deep learning models, such as object detection, object recognition, CNN, GNN and GAN.
- Experience in an Agile Development environment.
- Experience in using object oriented languages - e.g. C++, C#.
- Self-motivated and independent thinker.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and a short intro about yourself to email@example.comApply